You can start this tour from all three lodges. Subject to capacity. This program shows the most common route.
During the tour, you will be staying at three different mountain lodges.
- Øigardseter Mountain Lodge is a large lodge with hotel standard beautifully situated in Høvringen, at the border of the Rondane National Park.
- Putten Seter was originally a small mountain farm. Here you will stay in traditional cottages, apartments or rooms. From the lodge you can enjoy a magnificent view towards the Gudbrandsdalen valley and Jotunheimen National Park.
- At Smuksjøseter Mountain Lodge you are almost inside the National Park, with stunning views and quiet surroundings.
Walk the marked tracks and trails between each lodge independently, with all of the time-consuming logistics taken care of – allowing you to make the most of your trip.
In addition, you have the opportunity to add days and make day trips from any of the lodges. Guided tours are also available on request if you'd like to make something extra of it.
- The hike from Øigardseter to Putten takes you over the mountain, Karihaugen. In course of its 6 kilometers, the trail takes you 1 260 meters above sea level to astonishing views of the mountains of Jotunheimen and Dovre.
- From Putten to Smuksjøseter you enter the land of Trolls and Norwegian fairy tales as you hike through the heather-covered landscape of the Rondane national park with its small, gurgling streams and tall, rugged mountains.
- The hike from Smuksjøseter to Øigardseter gives you spectacular views and shows of the Norwegian mountains without you actually having to climb one. An elevation of around 130 meters and a child-friendly trail make the hike very popular among families.
There are several fantastic doorstep adventures from each lodge. Feel free extend your stay and experience more of what Rondane has to offer!
Useful information related to our hiking tours.