Rallarvegen is the most popular cycling route in Norway, offering both a historical and close-to-nature adventure. The road was hand-made and used as a transportation route during the building of the Bergenbanen railway from 1895-1902. All along the route you will come across preserved cultural treasures from this period, like railway workers barracks and stone bridges.
The road is 82 km long and the scenery varies immensely, from arctic high mountain terrain at Hardangervidda, to the opulent green Flåmsdalen valley. Although the road standard is rather rough along the route, there is little or no tourist traffic, and there are some asphalted stretches here and there.
As the hotels in Finse and Flåm can be fully booked during the summer season, it is important to book this tour early in advance.
Tour dates 2017:
The tour has limited capacity and is sold only on request. Not online. No fixed dates.
Because of snow, it is recommended to go in July, August or September.
|Level of difficulty:|| Level 2 - see usefull Information |
|Number of days:|| 3 |
|Distance:|| 82 km |
|Price 2017:|| |
Midweek (tour start Sunday - Wednesday): from NOK 4 800, - pr. person in double room
|Included in package:|| |
1 nights accommodation with dinner, breakfast and self-packed lunch/refill thermos
If you use your own bike: You need to pay an extra tickets for bringing the bike on the train: NOK 350,- per. bike.
• Ordinary bike - 7 gears and luggage carrier: 2 days incl. return: NOK 580,-, extra day: NOK 120,-
• Off-road bike - 21 gears (no luggage carrier): 2 days incl. return: NOK 950,-, extra day: NOK 200,-
• Bicycle bags - per set: NOK 125,-
- From Bergen to Haugastøl, return from Myrdal to Bergen: NOK 670,-
- From Oslo, continue to Bergen (or the oposite): NOK 820,-
- From Oslo to Haugastøl, return from Myrdal to Oslo: NOK 1245,-
- Go Sognefjorden all the way to Bergen by Express boat.
- Expand the package by including train t/r Oslo or Bergen.
- Book an extra day at Finse and make a guided tour in the glacier "Blåisen" at Hardangervidda Nationalpark (equipment can be rented).
- Spend an extra day in Flåm to hike the Aurland Valley or make a Fjord-cruise to, Nærøyfjord which is included in Unesco's World Heritage list. The landscape, considered to be among the most scenically outstanding fjord areas on the planet.